Sunday, October 26, 2014

Wild Hair Jewelry Fixin's

It all started when I innocently got out my jewelry tools, thinking to make some earrings with my new carved animal beads. Next thing I knew...

Carved buffalo bone beads, faceted coral, turquoise heishi, sterling silver
Got the carved horse and buffalo fetish beads at New Mexico Bead and Fetish in Old Town. They're Zuni made -- I misplaced the card with the carver's name, but in addition to these beads made from buffalo bone, he also makes dragonflies and other fetishes from mussel shell! (See my previous post.)

Everything else below (except the skull beads) is made from vintage jewelry components, including the rhinestones.
Click the image for a closer look!
Love my precious little violin charm stampings! They're made from one piece of metal, die cut and then folded, held in place by little tabs! My Novia (sweetheart) brooches were a rare find -- think they'll do well down at OFFCenter. Set the various rhinestones into the skulls and butterflies, too.
~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be reviewed and posted ASAP.